Trustee - Priest's House Museum
Business / Organisation Name: Priest's House Museum
Business / Organisation Sector: Not-for-Profit
Business / Organisation Website:
Business / Organisation Type: Charity or Not-for-Profit
Role Title: Trustee
Remuneration: Pro Bono
The Priest’s House Museum is an award winning independent museum located in the centre of Wimborne Minster. We serve communities across East Dorset, providing a wide range of outreach activities and learning programmes.
The Museum has been awarded Heritage Lottery funding in June 2018, totally £1.6M for an exciting major re-development of the Museum incorporating the East Dorset Tourist Information Centre that will transform our visitor offer and enable us to reach out to and engage with new audiences.
The Trust is seeking to appoint up to two new Trustees to join the Trustee Board, with a view to being formally appointed by Monday 25th November AGM, who can bring experience and skills in the following areas:
- Accountant/treasurer – who could be from any type of accounting, tax and wider finance background
- Running/being involved and familiar with a small and / or medium sized charity and / or business and including interpretation of management accounts and to be strategic at the same time
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Fundraising including from bespoke events, business, community, grants and foundations, individual and legacy giving etc.
- Dorset and wider networks
- Hospitality and Leisure/Tourism
In order to support us to deliver this exciting project and to develop the Trust’s longer term ambitions we are seeking trustees who are diplomatic, be able to present ideas and challenge points in a convivial manner and have the ability to get on with trustees, staff and volunteers. The role of Trustee is non-executive, providing a rewarding opportunity to use your expertise and experience to support and shape our future.
The Trust is seeking to diversify the board as widely as possible and welcomes applications from all ages and backgrounds including those who may not have been a trustee before. The Trust is open to applicants from beyond the East Dorset area, although any trustee must be available to attend 4 board meetings each year, to sit on one of the committees and equally to support with attendance at museum events and ad hoc volunteering.
Please post or email your application, in confidence, to:
The Priest’s House Museum
The Museum of East Dorset
23-27 High Street
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: Friday 18th October 2019.
- Panel review of applications Friday 25th October
- Interview Date Friday 1st November
Contact Name: Emma Ayling
Contact Telephone: 01202 882533
Contact Email: email@example.com