Non-Executive Director - Principality Building Society
Recruiter: Principality Building Society
Location: Cardiff (Caerdydd)
Posted: 21 May 2019
Closes: 06 Jun 2019
Job Function: Non Executive Director
Named one of the best workplaces in the UK for the second year running on the Best Workplaces™ list 2019, Principality Building Society (Principality) is the 6th largest Building Society in the UK with 53 branches and 18 agencies across Wales and the borders. As a mutual society, it is owned by and run for the benefit of its 500,000 members.
It is an exciting time to join Principality as it is currently on a Group-wide transformational journey that will see its brand, technology, colleague and customer offerings updated and enhanced to really put Principality on the map and make it a brand and employer of choice within Wales and beyond. This is supported by its recent sponsorship of the iconic Principality Stadium which has placed it on a global stage.
As a business, Principality is keen to attract talented individuals who are interested in joining a company in which they can really make a difference. Although the Society has been established for nearly 160 years, it prides itself on a progressive culture, which encourages its employees to thrive.
As a progressive mutual society, with a long and trusted heritage, Principality has built up a strong Board with a wide range of skills and experience. This knowledge and expertise enables the Board to build on the business’ strong foundations and enhance the Members’ experience. In line with its growth plan, the Society has created a vacancy on its Board and is now seeking to secure a new, high performing Non-Executive Director (NED).
- You will contribute to setting and monitoring the Society’s strategy and ensuring the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the business to meet its objectives; scrutinising and monitoring performance against agreed strategy and KPIs;
- Adhering to regulatory Conduct Rules and regulatory requirements under the Senior Management Regime, you will ensure that high standards of corporate governance, financial management and risk management are observed at all times;
- Promoting and fostering an appropriate culture where fair customer outcomes are paramount, you will ensure the Society’s treatment of its Members and colleagues reflects its purpose and strategy and you will be an advocate of integrated team-working.
Experience & Attributes
- With specific experience in digital marketing and distribution, you will have played a leading role in building and running a successful business in a dynamic sector; possessing a demonstrable track record of board-level leadership and strategic management in a customer-focused and digital-oriented organization;
- A strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial orientation, you will be adept at identifying growth opportunities; possessing strong commercial acumen and an understanding of what makes a successful and sustainable business;
- Identifying strongly with the mutual sector; possessing integrity, customer ethos and values in line with the Society’s values – being courageous, delivering with passion, doing the right thing, making it straightforward and ownership – you will bring independence of thought and sound judgement to Board discussions and decision-making.
For an informal discussion and for a copy of the Candidate Brief, please contact Siân Goodson at Goodson Thomas: 029 2167 4422. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org noting GT_PBS_0186 in the subject line, and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
All applications will be acknowledged.