Chair - Private Sector
This vacancy is now closed
Business / Organisation Name:
Business / Organisation Sector: Private
Business / Organisation Website:
Business / Organisation Type: Private Company
Role Title: Chair
Remuneration: Pro Bono pre-funding, £30-40k with 3-7% equity post funding
As a diverse young start-up company, we are looking to change the face of a mentoring/freelance sector within a certain industry.
We are looking for an individual or individuals who can help seek investment for our education company. We would then seek to have you on board with a say in the company (chairman, director, board member - or whatever suits your needs)
If you accept and investment is sourced you will be salaried at £30-40k (higher with company performance) with equity in our company of around 3-7% . this will depend on how many we employ to seek investment and join the board.
We can give more details when an NDA has been signed.
- Substantial experience in a senior leadership role.
- Ability to work at a strategic level and think creatively.
- A Sales / Marketing background would be useful but not essential
- Good, independent judgement and forthrightness.
- A firm belief in and active commitment to our mission statement
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities both UK and abroad (again not essential).
Expressions of interest are warmly invited from individuals from all backgrounds. We are especially keen to recruit people with a selection of the following skills and experience:
- Investment management
- Income generation
- Community and/or International Development
- Board membership (Investment member, trustee or chairman)
We are interested in receiving applications from a diverse range of executives, meaning we are interested in diversifying the role around you and your expertise.
General board member responsibilities are:
- To work collaboratively with the other trustees and Senior Leadership Team, keeping with and furthering our objectives.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Assisting in the development of our professional network.
Contact Dan Ashby to start the process of signing the NDA, so we can disclose more information
Closing Date: 31/12/2018
Contact Name: Dan Ashby
Contact Telephone: 07936870202
Contact Email: Mystartups@ymail.com