Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer and more than 10,000 men die every year in the UK. Deaths from prostate cancer are set to soar over the next decade. But we have a plan to stop prostate cancer being a killer
Prostate Cancer UK is the largest men’s health charity and we have a strategy to tame prostate cancer in the next ten years. Through shifting the science over the next ten years to focus on radical improvements in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and support, we will stop prostate cancer being a killer. To do this, we need the very best people working at Prostate Cancer UK and the very best board of trustees we can get.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a capable and highly motivated Chair, with a business background, who will:
- provide clear leadership to the Board and represent our organisation as an influential ambassador
- work closely with our Chief Executive, to ensure the conditions are in place for us to achieve our ambitious strategy
- have excellent corporate governance to maintain trust and confidence in our charity, and play a crucial role by implementing the very best safeguards
- oversee and influence our continuing process of growth, alongside our talented and committed trustee team
- bring experience gained at a senior level in a service led or customer focused environment
- bring outstanding leadership and relationship management skills along with unquestionable integrity and a determination to succeed
- have significant standing in your field and a reputation equal to the task of leading the governance of the UK’s largest men’s health charity.
Direct experience as Chair of another organisation would be highly desirable.
For further details please visit www.prostatecanceruk-leadership.com For a confidential discussion please contact our advising consultants Gemma Heron on 0113 205 6105 or Juliet Taylor on 0207 426 3990.
Closing date is Friday 30 September 2016.