Non-Executive Director - RCNi Board
Date Posted: 06/12/2019
Closing Date: 12/01/2020
RCNi Non-Executive Director Fee: 7,000 per annum Term: 3 years (approximately 1 day a month)
RCNi is the premier provider of innovative and creative information solutions for the whole nursing team and associated health professionals. We seek a Non-Executive Director to help shape RCNi’s strategic direction and support income generation to keep our products and services up to date.
We are looking for a Non-Executive Director who:
- Is a registered nurse with the NMC
- Is a RCN member in good standing
- Has clear, first-hand knowledge of the learning and developments needs of the nursing workforce
- Can demonstrate a track record of senior clinical leadership
- Has the ability to understand and analyse complex strategic issues
- Understands the role and responsibilities of board membership; and has worked at board level in the health and care sector in an executive or non-executive capacity
RCNi, which is wholly-owned by the RCN, publishes 11 journals, including Nursing Standard, to provide health professionals with the latest developments in nursing, including changes in policy, practice and education. We also offer a range of digital products including RCNi Learning, an interactive online resource of CPD training modules, RCNi Portfolio, an online store and tracking system to help with revalidation, and RCNi Decision Support, a clinical decision support tool. We celebrate exceptional care in the profession through the RCNi Nurse Awards, and help to develop careers and enhance practice with events such as the popular RCNi Careers Fairs, and revalidation seminars.
Contact details and timescales
Please submit your application by uploading your CV, and a supporting statement using the template attached. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12th January 2020. For an informal confidential discussion, please contact RCNi Chairman Tim Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference: RCN01133