Non-Executive Director - Real Life Options (RLO)
Location: Knottingley, West Yorkshire
Reference: SM / RLO/NED
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 18/04/2020
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with Real Life Options (RLO) to recruit up to four Non-Executive Directors to join their team. RLO are a registered charity, employing 2000 individuals across England and Scotland, supporting more than 2000 people with learning disabilities and autism, some with complex or age-related needs, to have a strong voice and a real choice in the way they live their lives.
Established over 25 years ago RLO is one of the leading care support providers in the UK and they are now looking forward the next exciting stage of this journey which will see their services expand to more people than ever before. Using leading care methodologies and the increasing the use of innovative/assistive technology to further improve the lives of those they support.
Key responsibilities for the role of Non-Executive Director will be:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees, giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance
- To safeguard the good name of values of the organisation
- To help guide Real Life Options in a formal governance position and play a key 'challenge and support' role for Real Life Options' executive, staff and volunteers.
We are looking for candidates with a proven record of working at a senior management / Director level, who demonstrate one of the following areas of knowledge and expertise:
- Finance and Accountancy
- Assistive Technologies or the use of technology to improve service provision
- Experience of working within the national government framework and care related public policy
In line with RLO’s national coverage we are looking to identify individuals anywhere in the UK and we are particularly keen to hear from those with the requisite skills and experience that are based in or have a commitment to the delivery of RLO’s services in Scotland
The role of Non-Executive Director is a voluntary position and as such is unremunerated, however reasonable travel and subsistence expenses can be reimbursed. Time commitment is approximately 8 days a year.
For a full information pack and further details on how to apply please visit
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Head of Research
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01302 308 040
M: 07971 673 152
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Non Executive Director, Reference: SM / RLO/NED". Thank you for your interest.