Trustees - RECLAIM Project Ltd
Organisation: RECLAIM Project Ltd
Vacancy Type: Trustees
Deadline: 15th November 2018
Region: North West
RECLAIM is a pioneering charity supporting, amplifying and creating space for a new generation of working class leaders. From our innovative leadership programmes for children and young adults to our own senior leadership, we are working class people standing together to ensure that Britain's top tables better reflect all of Britain's talents.
Our charity is small but growing quickly and we are now looking for new Board Trustees as we consolidate and take our impact nationwide. As we enter this exciting phase for RECLAIM we are looking for new Trustees with a variety of experiences who can work with our new senior management team to deliver ground breaking programmes and campaigns.
RECLAIM welcomes applications from anyone excited by the potential of supporting and enabling working class young people. We are especially keen to hear from people who will ensure RECLAIM's Board has a range of perspectives that mirror the amazing diversity of Britain's working class today.
We would especially like to encourage applications from:
- People who have a working class background themselves and are BAME, LGBT and/or are a disabled person;
- Candidates with experience of forging new corporate-charity partnerships and/or new major donor programmes;
- Those with experience of running winning campaigns and/or political influencing efforts;
- People with accountancy experience and qualifications;
- Those with experience of meeting the highest standards of charity governance and child safeguarding; and,
- Candidates with experience of helping a charity scale sustainably.
For more details about RECLAIM and our work, please visit our website RECLAIMproject.org.uk. We will be happy to discuss the role with interested candidates. If you would like to discuss please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustees will be required to attend a minimum of 4 Board meetings per year normally held in Manchester but with the potential for other locations. RECLAIM is only as strong as its people so this is an active volunteering role with an expectation of around 6-8 days work per year minimum from each Trustee.
All Trustees are required to pass a DBS check and must not be barred from holding a company Directorship.
To apply please send a CV (2 pages) and short cover letter (1 page) detailing why you would like to join RECLAIM's Board and what you could bring to the organisation's work and governance.
Closing date: Midnight November 15th 2018.
Interviews: w/c December 3rd 2018.