Non-Executive Director – Risk & Governance
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a leading orthopaedic centre of excellence. We are a specialist hospital with a reputation for innovation and for exceptional patient experience. We provide a comprehensive range of musculoskeletal surgical, medical and rehabilitation services, locally, regionally and nationally. Our vision is to be the leading centre for high quality, sustainable orthopaedic and related care and we are transforming the environment we provide for patients with a newly opened £15m Theatre & Ward development to create a hospital for the future.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the board of directors and the council of governors, playing a central role in delivering the Trust’s objectives.
- Ensure the Trust maintains its momentum around the continuous improvement of patient services, and all clinical and financial targets are met or exceeded through the delivery of safe, high quality and cost effective care.
- Excellent track record of achievement within a healthcare setting, whether in the public, voluntary or commercial sectors, with experience in Risk Management and/or Governance at a strategic level to ensure excellent governance and board performance.
- Experience of leadership in a non-executive capacity, ideally with a track record of effectively contributing to committees with some public sector exposure.
- A strategic thinker with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with good political awareness and a commitment to the values and ethos of public service and the NHS.
- Able to bring independent and objective judgment to bear on issues of quality, strategy, performance and resources.
Please visit http://www.rjahappointments.com/ for a candidate brief containing application details.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 8th October.