The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a leading orthopaedic centre of excellence. A specialist hospital with a reputation for innovation, the Trust provides a comprehensive range of musculoskeletal (bone, joint and tissue) surgical, medical and rehabilitation services. Based in Oswestry, Shropshire, close to the border with Wales, the Trust serves the people of England and Wales, as well as acting as a national healthcare provider. Our vision is “to be the leading centre for high quality, sustainable orthopaedic and related care, achieving excellence in both experience and outcomes for our patients” with a clear ambition to become the leading centre for orthopaedic care in the UK. As a hospital our overriding objective is to deliver outstanding patient care and we pride ourselves in the standards achieved and in the feedback on the quality of their services. In what is an increasingly challenging environment across the healthcare sector, the Trust is now looking for an exceptional individual to provide additional clinical leadership to the Board of Directors and Council of Governors.
- Contribute to the exceptional leadership of the board of directors and the council of governors in delivering the Trust’s objectives
- Ensure the Trust maintains its momentum around the continuous improvement of patient services and all clinical, and that financial targets are met or exceeded through the delivery of safe, high quality and cost effective care
- Experience in a senior clinical role (Nurse, AHP, or Doctor), preferably with experience in contributing to formal committees
- Appropriate clinical qualification e.g. Nursing or Medical Degree or equivalent, and held appropriate professional registration (without restrictions) and held a clinical role within the past five years
- A strategic thinker with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with good political awareness and a commitment to the values of the Trust, and ethos of public service and the NHS
- Able to bring independent and objective judgment to bear on issues of strategy, performance and resources
Please click the link below for a candidate brief containing application details, or contact Ruth Tyrrell, Associate Director of Human Resources, on 01691 404590.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21 March 2016.