Non-Executive Director - Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH)
Salary: Voluntary role (reasonable expenses will be reimbursed)
Closing Date: Friday 14 June 2019
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) is the UK’s first tenant and employee co-owned mutual housing society, with over 13,000 homes throughout the local area.
By working together we provide better places for our members, tenants and employees to live and work.
Drawing on the area’s rich co-operative heritage, our pioneering model places members at the heart of decision-making, allowing everyone to enjoy a sense of security and belonging in places we make great together.
Being part of the co-operative and mutual movement RBH is, of course, aligned with the international co-operative principles. The Representative Body has agreed our values:
- Responsibility – We take responsibility for, and answer for, our actions
- Equity – We carry on our business in a way that is fair and unbiased
- Democracy – We give our members a say in the way we run our business
- Pioneering – We will seek to be a leader in the way we meet challenges and seek solutions
- Openness & Honesty – We will share information, do what we say we will do and when we make a mistake we will own up to it
- Caring – We will listen and respond to the needs of our members, tenants and employees
- Championing – We will encourage members to take responsibility for our communities and work together to improve them.
We're looking for a new Non-executive Director to join our Board and help us continue to support Rochdale as a great place to grow up, grow a career, and grow older.
RBH is at the heart of the local community here in Rochdale Borough, and we're proud to help make Rochdale a great place to live and work. We're also proud to be a pioneering mutual housing society in the home of cooperation.
Our corporate strategy, Together, sets out our ambitious plans to help us to provide the right mix of new and existing quality homes, and to ensure our tenants at all stages of life can thrive and succeed. We need to do this while we change and improve the way we work, delivering the services our customers value whilst ensuring that RBH remains strong, financially successful, and resilient to future challenges.
That's where you come in – providing the expertise and inspiration we need to guide RBH and ensure that we continue to deliver for our customers. Our mutual model also provides an opportunity unique in England to work with our elected tenant and employee Representatives to shape the future of our society.
If you're looking to gain experience in strategic decision-making, or if you're looking to share the skills and expertise you've already gathered, we'd love to hear from you. We are particularly keen to hear from those with experience of a senior commercial role or expertise in development and regeneration.
This is a voluntary role but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019 at 12 noon