Non-Executive Director Digital/Business Experience - Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) is the professional membership body for Speech and Language Therapists with over 17,000 members. The RCSLT head office is in London with satellite offices in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The RCSLT is looking to appoint an expert in digital technology to join our Board of Trustees.
Along with the general duties for a Trustee, we hope that the successful individual will bring the following to this specific role:
- Provide thought leadership on the role of digital in the organisation’s vision.
- Highlight the opportunities and the risks of digital, in terms of RCSLT’s strategy in general.
- Translate the risks and opportunities of digital for other Trustees, to enable the Board as a whole to engage in an informed way, including the evaluation of new proposals.
- Champion the use of data analytics in Board discussions and in driving the delivery and improvement of recruitment and retention of members.
- Draw on networks to support RCSLT’s work.
The selection process is by means of a covering letter stating how you feel you fulfill the requirements of the role, a CV and a completed skills matrix. If you are short-listed, there will be an interview at our London offices.
The role specification and skills matrix are downloadable and more information about the RCSLT can be found here www.rcslt.org. Interested candidates are invited to contact the CEO for an informal discussion by phoning 0207 378 3007.
The successful applicant's term of office would run from appointment to the RCSLT’s Annual General Meeting at the end of September/October 2020, with the expectation of a three year term which is renewable annually.
The closing date is 20 November 2017 and you will be informed if you have been short-listed for interview by 30 November. Interviews will be at our London offices on 13 December.