Non-executive directors x 3 - Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust
We are recruiting 3 non-executive directors for Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust. We are looking for strong team players with excellent interpersonal skills, a real affinity with community and community services, and the ability to bring challenge and support to the board and its committees.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one of the following:
- Clinical experience, gained in either a medical, nursing or allied discipline with a strong service delivery background.
- Recent and relevant financial experience gained in a large and complex organisation. We are particularly keen to hear from individuals with a wider range of experiences that may additionally include strategy, data and Information Technology (IT) and how to use them to drive transformational change. The successful individual would become a member of the Trust’s Resources and Performance Committee and Audit Committee.
- Governance experience with an understanding of quality assurance/regulation and a strong track record in partnership working and networking across a range of stakeholders. Legal knowledge or experience would be an advantage. The successful individual will be a member of the Trust’s Quality and Safety Committee and Audit Committee.
For all posts you will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack (M1778) This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (M1778) We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
|Closing date for receipt of applications||13 September 2018 at 11am|
|Interview date||2 October 2018|
|Start date||To be confirmed|
* Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Joe Porter on 0300 123 2908 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net