Non-Executive Director - Solvo Vir Ltd
Location: Sale, Trafford
Posted: 27/11/2018 (23:03)
Recruiter: Solvo Vir Ltd
Who Are Solvo Vir?
We are an innovative training provider providing training and apprenticeships to organisations and individuals across the UK.
The role of Non-Executive Director at Solvo Vir has been developed to ensure that there is senior level independent Further Education experience within the boardroom.
The non-Executive Director is expected to develop and instil the highest standards of integrity and sector knowledge within the Leadership team and to hold the Senior Leadership team accountable for the performance of the company.
- Full participation as a member of the SLT (Senior Leadership team) at all meetings.
- To bring senior sector experience to the board in order to develop strategic objectives and governance.
- Provide expert advice on risk mitigation including strategies for improvement.
- Work with the Managing Director in supporting annual appraisals for the SLT.
- Support the Managing Director and the SLT in promoting Solvo Vir, its vision and the values of the organisation.
- Supporting and promoting a positive culture of change throughout the organisation including within the SLT.
- Supporting the SLT in shaping Solvo Vir’s curriculum offer to ensure it meets local and regional skills needs.
- Work with SLT to create a positive culture and ethos where Safeguarding of learners is an important part of everyday life.
- Constructively challenging proposed decisions to ensure that plans are well presented and well thought-through.
- Contribute towards and challenge on risk mitigation.
- Contribute towards strategy and build on success.
- Scrutinise SLT performance in relation to financials, goals and objectives.
- Ensure that financial integrity is challenged.
- Support with executive level remuneration and support with any executive appointments.
- Support with succession planning for senior roles.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Extensive experience within a Further Education environment.
- Previous experience of working at SLT level within an organisation.
- Strategic experience at a senior level within a further education setting.
- Previous experience of leading growth change projects.
- Experience of being part of SLT meetings with a proven track record of success.
- Understanding the markets, governance and risk within an FE setting.
- The ability to engage, inspire and challenge constructively.
- A strategic thinker who can develop strategy to ensure success.
- A thorough understanding of risk management and mitigation.
- Good understanding of financial accounts and financial management.
Payment will be monthly with any appropriate deductions and upon receipt of a timesheet. Travel and subsistence will be paid in accordance with Solvo Vir’s expenses policy and so long as valid receipts are provided.
Solvo Vir’s Board
- The SLT currently meet 12 times per year to hold SLT meetings.
- These meetings take place in and around Manchester
- The total time commitment per year will be 12 days
- The appointment will be for 1 year initially
All materials provided as part of this appointment must remain confidential and the property of Solvo Vir at all times. Information may not be disclosed to any third party without the express permission of the board. This information will remain confidential for a period of 3 years after the appointment has ceased to be part of the SLT.
Solvo Vir’s Culture
We help individuals unlock their potential and turbo charge their careers. The training we provide gives employees the industry-specific qualifications they need to go further in their chosen career. Employers look to us to provide training which improves their organisation’s productivity, efficiency and agility.
We are committed to widening participation in training, to see individuals flourish and businesses reap the multiple benefits of a more highly skilled and motivated workforce. Learners and employers are at the heart of everything we do!
Type: Part Time
Contract Length: 12 days a year for 1 year
Contact Name: Faye Hand
Telephone: 0330 0539140