Associate Non-Executive Director - Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
We are seeking an Associate Non-executive Director with senior level experience of digital services and transformational change for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
There is a vacancy for an Associate Non-executive Director (NED) at Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in the following areas:
- Information management and technology with a focus on digital services. Experience of implementing digital transformation in a health or related setting would be desirable.
- Transformational change and transactions gained at board level in a complex organisation
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the Southport, Formby and West Lancashire areas.
- N2238 NHS ANED Info Pack
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explain the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- N2238 Monitoring Form
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- closing date for receipt of applications* 27 April 2021 at 11am.
- interview date 19 May 2021
- proposed start date May/June 2021
*Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Neil Masom the Chair of the trust. Please contact Michelle Brocklebank on 01704 704781 or by emailing email@example.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org