Chair - Sphere Leisure Ltd
Expression of interest & CV’s sought for Chair position
“Working with communities to provide a high-quality service and to inspire and encourage an active lifestyle”
Sphere Leisure Ltd is the wholly owned trading subsidiary of the charity Circadian Trust (RCN 1111467). The charity operates 5 large leisure centres in South Gloucestershire enjoying nearly 3 million customer visits and with a turnover of c.£13million per annum. Sphere Leisure Ltd operates the commercial parts of the business which are not charitable in nature, such as three cafeterias, commercial events and sales of consumables etc. and has a turnover in excess of £1.5million. Sphere Leisure must be profitable and return those profits to the Charity each year and in this respect is vital in the underpinning the Charity’s finance.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic Chair on a pro bono basis, to chair Sphere Leisure Ltd board and contribute to the development and success of Sphere Leisure Ltd. As chair you will work closely with the Chief Executive and the management team, as well as reporting into the board of Trustees of the holding charity Circadian Trust.
The role will be based in South Gloucestershire and the time commitment is expected to be approximately 40 hours per year. As well as being a representative at external functions and events.
You will be responsible for the board and the management team, ensuring that Directors fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the company. We would be interested to hear from:
- Experienced senior leaders who have preferably, worked within a boardroom, ideally with experience of chairing meetings.
- Leadership and management of teams at a senior level.
- Experience of working within a commercial environment to help deliver commercial objectives to ensure growth and maximise profitability, commercial and financial planning, as well as helping to set targets.
- Preferably a knowledge and understanding of retail, catering, hospitality or another relevant sector.
- Who are not afraid to challenge opinions, but work in partnership and conjunction with the Circadian Trust’s board of Trustee’s and charity’s ethos.
To find out more, please contact our retained search consultant Sandy Hinks @ Moon Executive Search via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 371200 quoting ref: MC02031.