Director/Trustees - St. Mary Redcliffe Church Lands Charity
St Mary Redcliffe Church is a Gothic masterpiece, but also a highly diverse parish in one of the more deprived areas of Bristol and is an active place of worship and is home to a growing, inclusive congregation. This parish church has stood for over 800 years.
St. Mary Redcliffe Church Lands Charity (Charity no 211109) are looking for new directors (of a Trustee style) for the charity which provides extensive funding for the maintenance of St Mary Redcliffe Church and support of its charitable works in the parish it serves.
Who are we looking for and sectors of interest:
- Historic building conservation
- Investment/real estate management,
- Community engagement living or working within the parish of St Mary Redcliffe
What will the role entail?
- To operate and manage the charity and the corporate trustee in keeping with the charity’s charitable objectives and their respective legal financial obligations and within the parameters of good governance.
- Management of the charity’s income and assets.
- Manage the distribution of the income principally by the ways of grants to the Parochial Church Council of St Mary Redcliffe which has a legal responsibility for maintaining and running the church.
- Formulating and reviewing the strategic aims of the charity and ensuring that the policies of the charity are in accordance with its aims.
- The role requires that you work with integrity, honesty and the ability to understand and work within the legal constraints of a limited company and a charity.
- Crucially, you will have a passion for preserving and enhancing this unique building and feel a duty to help to promote it going forward as a beacon of religious cultural and charitable activity within the Parish.
- 4 x meetings a year (usually held in the evening), you may be asked to join other sub-committees that may result in a couple of meetings per year.
- If you haven’t been a Trustee before, they will provide a full induction and support.
- People of all faiths and no faith are welcome, but you must be sympathetic for the principles of the Church of England, as this is an active place of worship.
- These roles are of a voluntary nature and unremunerated.
Moon Executive Search has been appointed as chosen Search Partner to St Mary Redcliffe Church Lands Charity and will manage the recruitment process.
To register your interest, please send a copy of your latest CV or biography together with a supporting statement, explaining your motivations for applying for the role, how your skills, knowledge and experience match the requirements sought.
Moon Executive Search is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of society.
Completed Expressions of Interest should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting reference ‘MC02077’ FAO: Sandy Hinks
NB: All direct applications will be forwarded to Moon Executive Search