Chair - Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is looking for an inspirational Chair, who, working with our Board and Council of Governors, can lead our organisation in the next stage of its journey of improvement.
This is an exciting time to lead Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as we seek to embed our values in everything we do, in partnership with people who have lived experience of using mental health services, carers, clinical and support staff, and our partners across the health and care system.
Our 2020 Vision is to provide outstanding care and treatment. Our clinical strategy, developed after wide consultation and drawing on feedback from service users, carers, staff and the public, provides the framework to address the ever increasing demand on our services and enable sustained improvements in the quality of care we provide. And with our partners in the Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) we have developed a compelling case for change in mental health services across the STP. An important part of the Chair role will be to continue to shape East Surrey and Sussex Sustainability and Transformation Partnership. Our STP, which comprises 24 organisations, is about how health and social care can work better together on behalf of the patients / service users, families and local communities we serve.
You will be joining a strong and cohesive Board, value-driven and committed to leading this programme of change.
The Trust is looking for a Chair who has:
- A track record of strategic, board level leadership in a large complex public sector, private or third sector organisation.
- Experience of operating in a Non-Executive capacity within a Foundation Trust.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health services and commitment to the Trust’s ethos.
More specifically, we are looking for candidates who want to use their energy, skills and experience to help drive the delivery of sustainable healthcare services for the people of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
They will have undertaken a range of board level leadership roles and be able to demonstrate that they have:
- Experience of leading comparably large and complex organisations through organisational and cultural change to secure performance and quality improvement.
- The ability to work effectively in a leadership role with a range of internal and external stakeholders, using strong people management and communication skills to secure commitment to a shared strategic vision and to work collaboratively and flexibly with partners to find new solutions to old problems.
- Considerable experience of building and developing strong and effective teams and providing robust and visible leadership in a range of public facing and challenging environments.
- The ability to provide strong challenge and be demanding on pace and sustainability in holding executives to account.
- Proven governance, organisational and financial skills, including those relating to strategic planning, risk management and organisation-wide performance management.
- An understanding of the challenges facing healthcare providers and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust in particular, in delivering high quality, safe services to patients that are clinically and financially sustainable.
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who can apply their experience from different sectors, as well as from health, to this demanding role.
- Information pack PDF, 5.0 MB
- Closing date for receipt of applications * 4 December 2017
- Interview date w/c 15 January 2018
Find out more
Applications should be made by submitting a full CV, with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4. Your supporting statement should give evidence of how you meet the requirements of the person specification relating to the role for which you are applying.
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com
All applications will be acknowledged.
The final appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references, health clearance and fulfilment of the fit and proper person’s test.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Interim Chair Richard Bayley through Sue Little.
Phone: 01903 843 041
Remuneration: £45,000 Per annum