Non-Executive Director - Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP)
Location: Surrey (Sutton)
Salary: Not remunerated (Expenses & training provided)
Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP) is a non-profit making housing organization set up in 2006 to manage Council housing, to bring investment and improvements to the council’s housing stock whilst making it easy for our residents to access services and work in partnership with us. We manage over 7,500 homes and focus on improving quality of life for thousands of families.
In 2017, Sutton Council reaffirmed its commitment to the future of SHP after a Housing Commissioning review. This has led to a new vision and strategy, a re-modelled organisational structure, a five-year financial plan and closer alignment with Council’s vision and strategic objectives.
The Board and the organisation are focused upon:
- Knowing our residents and transforming our partnership with them to one characterised by coworking between equal partners
- Creating connected communities with more successful households that are able to prosper in our ambitious London Borough.
- Contributing to increasing the supply of genuinely affordable housing
- Making a difference on health and wellbeing
- Attracting talented people with genuine interest in helping families prosper
- Transforming our repairs and maintenance service and contract management
The Board plays a vital role in shaping this future and SHP is now looking to recruit a new non-executive Independent Board Member to help us achieve these goals.
About the SHP Board
SHP is run by a Board of Directors made up of tenant and leaseholder representatives, independent members and council nominees. The full board meets four times a year. The key responsibilities of the board include setting and approving our overall strategy and direction, monitoring performance, approving budget and annual accounts from a strategic level, approving large contracts and tenders, and building excellent relationships with the Council and working in partnership with our residents
About the position
Core Skills: Housing Experience, Strategic/Senior Management
We would especially welcome candidates with experience of one or more of the following:
- Experience of chairing committees
- Strategic Customer Service/Insight/Engagement
- Experience of Housing regulatory standards
- Strategic financial acumen (including resources/contract VFM/HRA)
Board members are not paid, but are able to claim all expenses and costs incurred.
How to Apply
Please upload your C.V. and a statement of suitability summarising your skills and experience, why you are interested in becoming a Non-Executive Director of Sutton Housing Partnership and why you are suitable for the role.
- Opportunity to observe Board Meeting: Wednesday August 14th (Resident Question time from 6pm and public meeting at 7pm)
- Closing date for application is: Friday 7th September
- Interview Date: Tuesday 18th September
If you would like an informal chat, please contact the Governance & Information Manager, Diane Richards on 020 8915 2004.
For further information about SHP please visit www.suttonhousingpartnership.org.uk
- Who we are: https://www.suttonhousingpartnership.org.uk/purpose-priorities-and-vision
- Our Board & Leadership Team: https://www.suttonhousingpartnership.org.uk/board-leadership-team
- Our Plans & Performance Information: https://www.suttonhousingpartnership.org.uk/our-plans-performance