Non-Executive Chair - The Football Foundation
Recruiter: The Football Foundation
Salary: Non-remunerated; expenses only
Posted: 18 Oct 2019
Closes: 11 Nov 2019
Job Function: Board Member, Chair, Chairman, Non Executive Chair, Non Executive Director, Trustees
Industry: Charities, Hospitality / Leisure, Fitness / Sport, Sport
Position Type: Permanent
The Premier League, the FA and the Government’s charity, the Football Foundation, is the largest sports charity in the UK – with an annual budget of c. £72 million, which is invested into grassroots football. The prime objective of the Foundation is to deliver the National Football Facilities Strategy, a targeted investment into local grassroots football facilities to improve the quality and experience of playing at this level, while improving lives and strengthening communities.
The Foundation is seeking to appoint a senior, altruistically-minded figure to chair its non-remunerated Board of Trustees, which comprises influential figures from across football who are dedicated to supporting the national game at the grassroots level.
- Chair four meetings of the Board of Trustees per calendar year. Promote the highest standards of governance and transparency, ensuring that the Board fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the charity.
- Together with the Board and the Chief Executive, determine the strategic direction of the Foundation and set policy.
- Represent the Foundation, as appropriate and required, at official events.
- Experience of chairing a Board at the highest level and a track record of running a substantial business or comparable organisation.
- Top-level communication skills, confident public speaker able to manage the media in all its forms.
- Comfortable acting as an Ambassador for the Foundation.
- Working knowledge and genuine interest in the charitable sector; an interest in sports and an understanding of the inter-relationships between Sports Governing Bodies in the UK
This is an opportunity to make a major contribution to football at the grassroots level. If you are interested in becoming the Foundation’s Non-executive Chair, please download the Information Pack from this page or visit our website.
The closing date is: Sunday 10 November 2019 (midnight).