Non-Executive Directors - The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
Date Posted: 15/04/2019
Closing Date: 06/05/2019
The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) is a not-for-profit company funded by Innovate UK (part of UK Research and Innovation), Government departments and industry. It brings together businesses, entrepreneurs, academics and funders to develop new products, processes and services. Our aim is to help innovative businesses succeed and through this grow the economy and improve people’s lives.
We are now looking to appoint two Non-Executive Directors to our Company Board. Applicants must have a career record of achievement, and:
- A strong interest in and understanding of innovation, together with broad knowledge of the UK innovation landscape;
- An ability to bring independent and impartial judgement to bear on the operation of a not-for-profit SME, operating at a national level;
- Insights into the opportunities from and approaches to the integration of innovation activities across sectors and technologies;
- Experience of formulating high level strategic input, for example into Government consultations or sector strategies on innovation needs and priorities;
- Experience of engagement with R&D-active businesses, academics and public institutions.
We are particularly keen to add to the Board individuals with strong experience of one of:
- The creative economy, including design;
- Business development for not-for-profits;
- Communications, especially government relations;
- Knowledge transfer in the context of international development.
Appointments will be initially for a three-year term and are likely to involve commitments of between five and ten days per year. Expenses will be reimbursed, but otherwise these positions are unpaid.
Expressions of interest along with concise CVs should be sent, by closing date of Monday, 6th May to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be invited to interview by a subset of existing KTN Directors.
Additional information can be found at http://www.ktn-uk.co.uk/jobs
KTN is committed to building a diverse organisation and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.