Chair - The London LGPS CIV (London CIV)
Recruiter: Odgers Berndtson
Salary: £45,000 p.a.
Posted: 08 Jan 2021
Closes: 07 Feb 2021
Job Function: Chair
Industry: Finance, Investment Management
The London LGPS CIV (London CIV) is a FCA regulated investment manager, through which London’s Boroughs and the City of London can manage their individual pension scheme assets on a collaborative basis. It serves the 32 funds by offering greater investment choice, value and efficiency, together with improved performance. It aims to pool 75% of the £35 billion total assets and has over £20bn under management through a combination of active and passive strategies.
London CIV is one of the most compelling projects in the financial sector and now seeks an exceptional Chair to help it realise its full potential. The right candidate will support the CEO and executive team and enable them to deliver the CIV’s strategic goals, overcome challenges and exploit opportunities in partnership with its shareholders. S/he will be able to meet the FCA’s requirements for appointment and will also have the following characteristics:
- Oversee performance of the board; ensure accountability to shareholders and clients.
- Counsel and constructive challenge to CEO and team in delivering the CIV’s strategy.
- Ensure appropriate governance, financial reporting, risk management and control arrangements.
- Represent London CIV to key stakeholders and external parties including politicians and regulators.
- Financial services experience appropriate to the Chair of an LGPS fiduciary manager.
- Previous Chair/NED experience, to ensure appropriate support and challenge to the executive.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, working with a variety of stakeholders.
- In addition, exposure to local government would be beneficial
If you are interested in applying for this position please do so online at www.odgers.com/81689
If you are unable to apply online then please send your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 7th February 2021.