Non-Executive Director - The Payment Systems Regulator (the PSR)
Date Posted: 10/01/2020
Closing Date: 10/02/2020
The Payment Systems Regulator (the PSR) is the economic regulator for the £90 trillion payment systems industry in the UK. Independently accountable to Parliament, the PSR has its own management structure and board charged with strong competition and regulatory powers.
Every time anyone uses a cash machine, transfers money, uses contactless, or gets paid, they use a payment system. Payment systems are always evolving and the PSR is here to make sure they work well for everyone.
In a fast-moving environment, the PSR challenges the industry to adapt by supporting innovation and improving competition, so that the UK benefits from world-leading payment systems. It encourages collaboration to help solve problems and, when necessary, takes difficult decisions and use its powers.
The PSR is seeking a non-executive director to join its board in 2020.
As a non-executive member of the board, main responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop the strategic direction of the PSR, and ensure the organisation complies with good governance practices
- Providing constructive challenge and support to the executive team, and monitoring the performance of the organisation in meeting agreed goals and objectives
- Maintaining high-level relations with the PSR’s stakeholders, including the Financial Conduct Authority, the financial services industry, consumer bodies, government, MPs, the media and employees
The successful candidate will bring knowledge of the payment ecosystem and an appreciation of new payments business models.
They will also bring:
- Proven ability to help shape strategy, ensure robust governance arrangements and monitor performance
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly, think strategically, and exercise good judgment
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely
Application deadline is midnight Monday 10th February 2020