Chair and 3 Members - Determinations Panel - The Pensions Regulator (TPR)
|Body:||The Pensions Regulator|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||Determinations Panel members will be entitled to remuneration of £692 per day. The Determinations Panel Chair will be entitled to remuneration of £900 per day.|
|Time Requirements:||Members - 30-50 days per year; Chair - 40-60 days per year|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Determinations Panel Chair & Determinations Panel Three Members: The Pensions Regulator (TPR)
The Panel’s regulatory role is undertaken on individual cases on which TPR regulatory teams seek a Panel determination. Generally these are requests to exercise functions reserved to the Panel by the terms of the legislation. Individual panels are established as required in order to determine specific requests to take regulatory action, in an impartial way, based on the facts presented. These generally consist of three members. Each member will be expected to be able to Chair such panels from time to time.
In addition, the Panel meets together quarterly on a collegiate basis, to agree the overall way in which it operates, and members undertake further activities on a more ad hoc basis.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for these positions, please supply the following:
- A covering statement – (maximum 2 pages) – this is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification on page 6 (and page 7 for those applying to the Chair post). You should aim to provide specific and detailed examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the essential criteria and any of the desirable ones. You should describe what your role was in achieving a specific result. It will also benefit the selection panel if you can be clear which particular evidence you provide relates to which criteria. Providing separate paragraphs in relation to each criterion is common practice. Please ensure your full name and the role to which you are applying are clearly noted at the top of this statement. Candidates can apply to both member and Chair roles – please submit a separate covering statement for each role applied to.
- Curriculum Vitae – with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- Equal opportunities monitoring form (included in the application form). This form will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application.
- Political activity form (included in the application form).
- Conflicts of interest declaration (included in the application form).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th August 2020.
|Determinations Panel Candidate Pack|
|Determinations Panel application form 2020|