Non-executive director and Associate Non-executive director - The Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (SASH) is recruiting two Trust Board posts, a Non-executive Director (NED) and an Associate Non-executive Director. These are exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
We are looking for two exceptional candidates to join a high performing Board of Directors. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of strategy and culture, and will bring independent and constructive challenge to the Board and the wider organisation.
The successful candidates must have experience gained at a senior or Board level to be able to contribute to the effectiveness of the board and the wider organisation. The Trust is seeking candidates with a genuine commitment to patients and the provision of excellent health care services. In order to complement the existing skill mix of the Board, experience in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Experience within health and social care, with an understanding of the current strategic agenda, the challenges facing the sector, and the opportunities for integrated health and social care
- Financial management experience, information technology or workforce experience gained at a strategic level
You will be able to use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
We encourage applications from candidates who live in or have connections with the area served by the Trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack (S1883)
PDF, 427.7 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (S1883)
DOCX, 197.9 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
Closing date for receipt of applications Monday 25 February 2019 at 11 am
Interview date Wednesday 13 March 2019
Start date TBC
* Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- The Trust - For an informal and confidential discussion with Richard Shaw the Chair of the trust, please contact Paula Fitzgerald on 01737 231817
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Joe Porter on 0300 123 2908 or by emailing email@example.com