Treasurer - Total Insight Theatre
Organisation: Total Insight Theatre
Reference: Trustee Recruitment
Vacancy Type: Treasurer
Deadline: 4th October 2019
Region: Nation Wide
Total Insight Theatre is an arts charity creating insightful theatre that matters for children and young people experiencing disadvantage. Working in partnership with local authorities, schools, youth centres and voluntary organisations across the UK, we deliver social change through arts interventions that reach children and young people in their local communities. Our activities include touring performances, workshops and performing arts programmes that raise aspirations, build stronger communities, and nurture active citizenship and participation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Trustee Board and provide valuable support to the charity's financial sustainability. We are specifically seeking a Treasurer with financial expertise who is inspiring, energetic and has a genuine empathy for the charity's activities.
We are prioritising skills or experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising and philanthropy
- Financial management
- Business development and income generation
- Understanding of the charity sector and relevant financial requirements
In addition, we welcome enquiries and applications from people with the following:
- Knowledge of, or keen interest in, the charity sector
- Practical experience of working with budgets and accounts with the ability to analyse finances
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions on operational matters
- Commitment to supporting and developing fundraising, income generation and marketing activities
- Commitment to the principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Commitment to the charitable objectives of Total Insight Theatre
- Ability to work constructively with other Trustees as a supportive member of the Board and with the management and staff of Total Insight Theatre
- Ability to act with integrity, to maintain confidentiality of all Board business and to avoid the misuse of our funds and assets
- Ability and commitment to allocate sufficient time to the role
- Practical experience in the governance of small to medium sized companies and/or charities
- Interest in the arts and work related to children and young people
Commitment and remuneration
There are a minimum of four Board meetings per year, lasting about two hours each and taking place in central London. In addition, Trustees are expected to allocate time to deal with aspects of the organisation pertaining to their expertise and occasionally convene outside of the normal Board schedule. Trustees give their services on an honorary basis bur are reimbursed for travel and expenses incurred in the performance of their duties for Total Insight Theatre.
How to apply
We welcome applications from across the UK and if you are interested in applying for the role of Treasurer, please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position to our Chief Executive Adam at email@example.com.