Non-Executive Director - Totally Local Company Limited
Date Posted: 02/12/2019
Closing Date: 20/12/2019
£15,656 a year
Totally Local Company Limited is owned by Stockport Metropolitan Council and has an income of £35 million, employing some 800 staff. It has one subsidiary – Waste Solutions.
The Company provides a broad range of specialised facilities management services to the Council as well as local businesses and residents. It is committed to the health and wellbeing of its workforce and its ability to deliver quality, value for money services that meet the needs of its customers.
The Company wishes to recruit a Non-Executive Director with sound corporate and governance experience to fill a vacancy on its Board. The appointment provides an exciting opportunity for those interested in the provision of services where value for money is at the heart of the evaluation of performance.
The Company is constantly searching for efficiencies, balancing the quality of work against its affordability. You will work closely with other Board members and bring a fresh pair of eyes to the development of strategy to ensure the continued success of the business.
- Developing strategy and scrutinising performance, ensuring financial controls, governance and assurance systems are robust and transparent
- As a key member of the Board, constructively challenge and support the management in delivering the annual plan
- Represent the Company internally and externally, demonstrating a commitment to the optimisation of sustainable services
You should possess significant and recent business experience at a senior level, although not necessarily in this sector. You will be required to have a good grasp of governance and previous Non-Executive experience would be helpful. You will be required to have sufficient time to give at least 4 days per month to the role, for which remuneration is set at £15,656.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A genuine interest in Stockport and the nature of the services the organisation provides
- An ability to think strategically and demonstrate an understanding of regulatory and budgetary challenges
- Political astuteness and a commitment to sustainable business
To find out more about the company and the opportunity please visit:
Closing date for applications is by midday on Friday 20 December 2019.
Interviews will be held on Friday 17 January 2020.
Applications including a CV, a personal statement and monitoring form should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org