Trustee - Transform Housing and Support
Business / Organisation Name: Transform Housing and Support
Business / Organisation Sector: Private
Business / Organisation Website: https://www.transformhousing.org.uk/
Business / Organisation Type: Charity or Not-for-Profit
Role Title: Trustee
Remuneration: Expenses only
Could you help us transform the lives of some of society’s most disadvantaged members?
Who we are
- Transform Housing & Support is a registered charity and housing association providing high-quality services to around 1,800 homeless people in Surrey, West Sussex, Berkshire and
south west London. We support people to live independent and fulfilling lives.
- According to our latest client survey, 100% of clients said the support they had received had helped them to maintain settled accommodation since leaving Transform.
- Although the current pandemic and challenging economic climate have had a negative impact on many charities, Transform is currently in a stable financial position and we regularly win tenders, securing statutory and non-statutory contracts.
- We have an appetite for continued growth in our property portfolio to scale up our services and ultimately support more people.
- We recognise that the strengthened national focus on compliance will affect all our future initiatives and are committed to best regulatory practice.
- Our Board currently has eight members, all of whom are non-executives and who give their time and advice voluntarily on an unpaid basis.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking to appoint a new board member (trustee) to help us deliver our objectives and who will be as passionate and committed to supporting clients as we are.
- We are seeking people who will develop a thorough understanding of the strategic context within which we operate, including the priorities of our clients.
- Candidates must have expertise in property development and management. Experience/skills in assessing the value of development potential for a sites is essential. Prior charitable experience is not essential but living or working within our geographical footprint would be advantageous.
- We are keen to enhance the diversity of our Board and ensure it is representative of the people we serve so we would especially welcome applications from women, candidates from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, those with disabilities or members of the LGBTQ+ community.
The responsibilities and requirements of a Transform Trustee
- To apply specialist knowledge, where appropriate, to assist the Board in making decisions acting in the best interests of the Transform and our clients.
- To ensure Transform meets its statutory, regulatory and financial requirements.
- To attend the full Board at meetings five times a year, on Thursday evenings, either via Microsoft Teams or at our head office in Leatherhead.
- To serve on one/two of the Board’s Committees which each meet approximately four times a year.
- Appointments will initially be for three years with eligibility for a further consecutive term.
Interested in applying?
- If working with dedicated colleagues to help improve the lives of more people during these uncertain times appeals to you, please see our website for more information and to apply.
- The closing date for trustee applications is Thursday 22 April
Closing Date: 22/04/2021
Contact Name: Caroline Felton
Contact Telephone: 07584139431
Contact Email: email@example.com