Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive
Our work is overseen by a Board of Governors, chaired by Eliza Manningham-Buller and assembled from leading figures across the worlds of science, medicine, business, investments and public life. Together with our Director, Jeremy Farrar, and the Executive Board, the Governors ensure that our charitable and strategic objectives are met.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding scientist, ideally with a background in cell biology, developmental biology, immunology or associated disciplines, to our Board of Governors. You will be active in academic research and have an exceptional track record of achievement in biomedical sciences and institutional leadership. We are particularly looking for someone who inspires, stimulates and supports great ideas and thinking, who has the vision to identify potential and opportunity, wherever it exists, and who is committed to promoting change and reform to enable ideas to flourish.
The role will involve:
- providing vision and strategic input
- upholding the highest standards of openness, probity and accountability
- ensuring best practice and promoting the charitable and corporate interests of Wellcome
- understanding, and providing governance across, the activities of Wellcome and its staff
You will demonstrate:
- a broad interest in science and its relationship with Wellcome’s strategy
- an outstanding track record of progressive accomplishment
- a global vision and incisive analytical skills
- an open mind and a flexible, inclusive approach
To register your interest and to find out more details about the role, please contact Mark Hines by clicking here.
The closing date for applications is 16 June 2016