Non-Executive Director - Wellcome Trust Trading Limited
Wellcome Trust Trading Limited (WTTL) is the commercial arm of the Wellcome Collection. Our remit is to deliver a commercial strategy that drives forward Wellcome’s vision of improving health by helping great ideas to thrive.
We support researchers, we take on big health challenges, we campaign for better science, and we help everyone get involved with science and health research. Wellcome isn't just a supporter of great ideas, it's a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
We’re looking for a Non-Executive Director to work with our Board and to ensure we fully utilise the potential of our amazing buildings and the internal venues within them. Our non-executive directors provide oversight and guidance on the strategy, performance and resources of WTTL.
Trustees are expected to attend an induction session at Wellcome Trust prior to their first board meeting and are expected to attend all board meetings. Board meetings are held twice a year during normal office hours, with an additional informal meeting held between. Each meeting is held at Wellcome Trust and lasts two hours.
In this appointment, we are interested in candidates with experience of the commercial development of a venue. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in and alignment with the work of the Wellcome Collection and have a broad range of experience particularly in the following areas:
- Awareness of developments in the heritage/cultural sector and matters of interest to WTTL
- Experience of setting organisational corporate strategy
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and liabilities of being a non-executive director
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Non-Executive Director
- Senior level experience in income generation
The following characteristics would also be desirable:
- Practical experience of playing a leading role in in the heritage/cultural sector
- Senior level experience in events and/or venue hire
- A proven, successful track record as an executive or non-executive company board director, or the equivalent
- A track record of working in a collegiate and inclusive style
To view the full role description please click here.
Salary: c. £1,000 p/a
Closing date: 21st June 2021
Wellcome encourages applications from people with all backgrounds who share our values and vision.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com