Trustee - Wessex Museums Trust
Organisation: Wessex Museums Trust
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 7th May 2019
Region: Nation Wide
Join us as a trustee – and help shape the future of Wessex Museums
Would you like to…
- Be part of a dynamic and innovative museums partnership?
- Develop your skills in new areas?
- Build a network of contacts in the arts and heritage sector?
- Gain experience in strategic planning?
- Be part of promoting culture in the South West?
- Be involved in the planning of exciting art and exhibition programmes across four museums?
- Use your experience to give something back to the community?
The Wessex Museums Trust is seeking two new trustees who hold strong connections to the region, and have a passion for art, culture and heritage.
Wessex Museums comprises four museums which tell the stories of Dorset and Wiltshire from prehistoric times to the present day – Dorset County Museum, Poole Museum, The Salisbury Museum and Wiltshire Museum. Together we form the charity, the Wessex Museums Trust and are an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO). Our ambition is to inspire more people to explore and enjoy the outstanding art and heritage of our region.
It is an exciting time for Wessex Museums. As we celebrate the 1st anniversary of becoming an NPO, we are seeing a series of pioneering initiatives come to fruition. This includes a contemporary artist-in-residence programme which begins touring all the museums this May. We are also planning a major exhibition on the life and work of Thomas Hardy in the summer of 2021. The exhibition will be on display simultaneously across the four museums, before touring to other venues nationally.
At such a pivotal time for the charity we are looking for one trustee to take a financial lead for the charity and another trustee that has experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Organisational/charity leadership and development
- Business and enterprise
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Digital strategy
If you are interested in becoming one of our trustees, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please get in contact with a few details about yourself and we will send you the full role profile.
Advert Start Date: 3rd April 2019
Contact Telephone Number: 01202 262611
Contact Name: Kristina Broughton
Contact E-mail: email@example.com