Advisory Council members - Wilton Park
Recruiter: Wilton Park
Location: West Sussex
Salary: WPAC appointments are not paid. In line with the policy, some costs are reimbursed.
Posted: 23 Jan 2020
Closes: 23 Feb 2020
Job Function: Advisor
Position Type: Contract
The role of individual members is to:
- Advise the Chairman and the Chief Executive on issues relevant to the member’s experience and expertise; and
- Promote awareness and support for Wilton Park within their professional networks; assisting in the identification of speakers and participants for individual events and help identify sources of funding.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A keen interest in the UK’s strategic foreign policy priorities and a commitment to help advance the agenda on wider international issues; and
- The ability and experience to support Wilton Park programme development and its role in working to achieve a safe, just and prosperous world.
Candidates may come from a varied set of backgrounds, bring experience from the many sectors in which we work, including, for example, but not limited to:
- Defence, intelligence and security;
- Private sector / industry;
- Global Health;
- Climate and environment;
- Science and Technology;
- Trade and economics; or
- Government or Multilateral institutions.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of dealing with senior officials and stakeholders;
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills; and
- Commercial acumen and management experience.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. We particularly welcome applications from women, those with a disability and those from a black or ethnic minority background.
For more information and how to apply please see below: