1 Non-Executive Director & 2 Associate Non-Executive Directors - Wye Valley NHS Trust
Wye Valley NHS Trust has a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) and two Associate NEDs to complement and enhance the skills on its Board of Directors. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
- Post 1 - Non-Executive Director
- Senior level finance experience ideally with a recognised finance qualification.
- Post 2 - Associate Non-executive Director
- Significant experience of healthcare delivery and experience in the development and integrated care / or the implementation of healthcare policy.
- Post 3 - Associate Non-executive Director
- Commercial experience gained at a senior level in a large complex organisation with experience and a strong understanding of the interface between health and social care and the NHS.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack (M1940)
PDF, 349.7 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring from (M1940)
DOCX, 198.0 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for receipt of applications Monday 15 April 2019 - TBC
- Interview date Week commencing 3 June 2019 - TBC
- Proposed start date TBC
* Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Russell Hardy, the Chair of the trust, please contact Val Jones on 01432 364000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anderson Quigley are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Helene Usherwood, Head of Practice on 07719 322669 or Helene@andersonquigley.com.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Todd Fleming on 0300 123 2922 or by emailing email@example.com