Non Executive Director
Time commitment: 2.5 days spread over the course of a month
Yeovil District Hospital is recognised as one of the most innovative and forward-thinking NHS Trusts in the country and as part of an NHS Vanguard site focussed on creating clinically-led, integrated care is helping to define the future of healthcare in the UK. We are now looking for two inspirational non-executive directors (one to Chair our Audit Committee*) to sit on our Board and ensure we achieve the ambitious and exciting challenges we have set for our hospital and the NHS.
With past Board-level experience gained within a large and complex public or private sector organisation, the successful candidate will help set the cultural tone for the Trust to deliver our strategic vision: to be the UK leader in delivering new models of care.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to lead an organisation through periods of change and demonstrate a thorough understanding and appreciation of the issues facing a complex and developing organisation in a changing environment.
- Have an interest in healthcare but more importantly a strong commitment to the values of the NHS and the iCARE principles and strategic direction of the Trust.
- Develop and maintain constructive professional relationships (including the executive team, other Board members, governors, and key stakeholders) through excellent interpersonal skills, team-working and good communication style.
- Have the judgement, coupled with the mental resilience, to lead and participate in making difﬁcult evidence-based decisions.
- Foster an ethos of continual improvement and a learning culture, and be passionate about the continual development and training of oneself and the Board.
* If applying as a non-executive to Chair the Audit Committee, the candidate must demonstrate significant commercial and financial literacy.
Areas of background could include care services, particularly from the primary, community or social care sector, information technology or financial services (especially relevant if seeking a role as Chair of the Audit Committee).
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organisation at a pivotal time in its evolution.
To apply, discuss the role further or to arrange a phone call with the Chairman, Paul von der Heyde, please contact Jade Renville, Company Secretary on 01935 384348.
Closing Date for Applications: 22 February 2016
Interview Date: 29 February 2016