The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust - Chair
We are recruiting a Chair for The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform the trust and make a positive difference to your community.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is the main provider of acute hospital services for around half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales.
Their main service locations are the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford and the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (RSH) in Shrewsbury. The Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) opened in 1989 and is now the main centre for inpatient women and children’s services. The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital opened in 1977 and it became the main centre for acute and emergency surgery in 2012 and the Lingen Davies Centre opened in the same year.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is a "teaching hospital" through their partnership with the Keele University School of Medicine. The trust benefits from strong partnerships with Staffordshire University in the training of nurses and allied health professionals.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Find out more
- The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust - for an informal and confidential discussion with Simon Wright, Chief Executive on 01743 261001 or email [email protected]
- GatenbySanderson is helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Emma Pickup, Senior Consultant on 0113 2056097 or email [email protected]
- NHS Improvement - for general enquiries contact Sharon Davies on 0300 123 2068 or email [email protected]
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 5 October 2017 at noon
- Preliminary interviews: To be confirmed
- Stakeholder engagement: The shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Trust to meet groups of its key stakeholders date yet to be confirmed
- Interview date: 9 November 2017 at NHS Improvement offices in Birmingham
- Proposed start date: To be confirmed
*Please forward your completed application to [email protected]
This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments