How to become a Non-Executive Director - 1-day course for aspiring NEDs
The How to become a Non-Executive Director course helps you to plan and prepare for your first NED position. It instils a real sense of what is expected of NEDs, and how you can meet the challenge.
This one-day interactive course is aimed at aspiring NEDs and covers essential knowledge about roles, responsibilities, strategy and corporate governance that are key foundations for a Non-Executive board role. It also considers up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board and employees.
This is followed by practical sessions on identifying NED opportunities, the process of obtaining a first appointment and performing due diligence before any position is accepted. There is emphasis on the importance of presenting your experiences with clarity and relevance.
This course identifies the various ways and circumstances in which non-executive directors can make an effective contribution to a board’s work. It also examines methods for their selection and reviews their motivation, induction and reward.
As a Tier1 member of NEDworks you are entitled to a discount on all courses offered by Excellencia
Who should attend?
Individuals who are currently a non-executive director; those seeking appointment as a non-executive director and those looking to appoint a non-executive director.
What to expect?
- Clarifies how and why non-executive directors can strengthen a board
- Provides practical guidance on how best to secure an appointment as a non-executive director
Participation on this course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Clarify the board’s role, purpose and key tasks
- Appreciate the contributions that non-executive directors can make to the board in different types of company and situations
- Recognise the qualities and experience needed to fulfil a non-executive director appointment
- Appreciate appropriate methods for finding, selecting, appointing and rewarding non-executive directors
- Understand the preparation required to interview for or be interviewed for the post of non-executive director
Download the course outline here