Governor / Board Member - Fareham College
Business / Organisation Name: Fareham College
Business / Organisation Sector: Public
Business / Organisation Website: https://bit.ly/3a0ZpIQ
Business / Organisation Type: Association
Role Title: Governor
Remuneration: Expenses only
Fareham College is seeking to appoint two strategic leaders to the Corporation as Board Members, to bring significant experience in Finance/Audit, or Human Resources/ Organisational Development, along with an understanding of further education and a passion for improving lives and opportunities within the College’s local communities. There has never been a better time to be part of Fareham College, with excellent student outcomes and sizeable capital investment to continue to develop its world-class learning facilities for students and staff.
The successful candidates will bring experience at a strategic level in areas specific to Finance/Audit or Human Resources/ Organisational Development. The appointed Governor(s) will provide expertise in their area, providing advice, guidance and most importantly supportive challenge. Working collegially with the Senior Management Team as a ‘critical friend’, Governors play an important role in helping guide the organisation to achieve the College’s strategy and objectives.
- Governors/Board members are one of the biggest voluntary forces in the country making an essential contribution in improving opportunities for young people (there are approximately 4500 governors in the College sector across the country)
- The chance to shape and guide post-16 education provision in the Solent area
- An opportunity to use and develop existing skills in shaping strategic decisions, performance management and leadership
- Opportunities to meet and be exposed to a wide range of local stakeholders and employers in education, training and apprenticeship
Governors, must ensure they give sufficient time to their duties and undertake the role with rigour, enabling critique and support to the Chief Executive Officer and their senior leadership team.
Governors will influence decision making and strategy in many ways, exercising the Corporation’s powers and undertaking specific duties of;
- setting and communicating your college’s educational character, strategy and goals
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance and quality of your college, and for the performance of staff
- exercising effective control to ensure that funds and assets are protected and legal obligations are met
Who we are looking for:
Recognising the ambitious vision and strategy, we are seeking to engage strategic leaders from the local area to support the Board in this journey. You will bring a passion for success and recognition of the value of further and higher education in society.
The new Governors will have a passion for post 16-education and a drive to build on the continued success of Fareham College. This should be underpinned with a track record of leadership in areas such as:
- Finance and Audit.
- Human Resources and Organisational
We are interested to engage those with leadership experience in Further or Higher Education, but also welcome interest from anyone with relevant experience from other sectors and industries outside of education that could add significant value to the College.
These roles offer a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and committed non-executive board, and genuinely have an impact on the future success of the College and its students. Working with the Board you will help build on the forward-looking vision and strategy, ensuring the college continues to make a demonstrable and positive contribution to its communities.
Closing date: Monday 8th November 2021
Please click the link to be directed to the Peridot Partners and to contact the advising consultants for further information about this role: https://bit.ly/3a0ZpIQ
For further information about the role, or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultants at Peridot Partners:
- Sarah Szulczewski | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07841 017 043
- Shaun Eden | email@example.com | 07951 509 128
Closing Date: 08/11/2021
Contact Name: Sarah Szulczewski
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org