Audit Committee Chair and Board Member - Learning and Work Institute
Business / Organisation Name: Learning and Work Institute
Business / Organisation Sector: Not-for-Profit
Business / Organisation Website: https://bit.ly/3iEdWiB
Business / Organisation Type: Charity or Not-for-Profit
Role Title: Board Member
Remuneration: Expenses only
Learning and Work Institute are seeking an ambitious Audit Committee Chair and Board Member skilled in corporate governance and risk management. You will be driven by our mission to provide learning and work opportunities for everyone in society to realise their potential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive organisation in its centenary year.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Audit Committee Chair and Board Member skilled in financial governance and compliance. The Committee consists of three members of the Company Board and up to three external representatives. The successful candidate will:
- Share our passion for individuals to have the opportunity in life to reach their ambitions and potential.
- Understand governance and preferably have experience of chairing Finance or Audit Committees and as a Board member.
- Have the capacity to lend support and expertise. The Audit Committee meets three times a year for approximately two hours. The Board meets four times a year for two hours with an annual away day strategy meeting. Meetings rotate between London, Leicester with up to 50% of meetings being remote.
- Demonstrate a sense of proportion of control relative to L&W’s operational needs.
- Be objective and independent without bias to any particular interest or stakeholder.
- Possess analytical ability, informed judgment and the ability to focus on strategic issues.
- Have perspective, broad knowledge and experience that can be applied to discussions and decisions at Board level.
- An ability to balance challenge and support to the executive team.
If you possess the experience and skills above and have a passion to support the delivery of our vision then you could be the person we are seeking.
For further information about the role, or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultants at Peridot Partners:
- Sally Lawson-Ritchie | [email protected] | 07904 158737
- Shaun Eden | [email protected] | 07951 509128
Closing Date: 06/09/2021
Contact Name: Shaun Eden
Contact Email: [email protected]