Independent Non-Executive Director - TSB
Business / Organisation Name: TSB
Business / Organisation Sector: Private
Business / Organisation Website: https://www.tsb.co.uk
Business / Organisation Type: Private Company
Role Title: Non-Executive Director
Role Description: Independent Non-Executive Director - London
TSB is a customer focused UK Bank, with a comprehensive proposition portfolio for consumers and businesses that includes current accounts, credit cards, mortgages and loans and multichannel distribution through 532 branches and telephone, on-line and mobile services. Relaunched as an independent bank in 2013, it went public in 2014 and was then acquired by Banco Sabadell Group in 2015. Sabadell shares TSB’s focus on local people, businesses and communities, its values and its commitment to transparency. The bank is financially strong with a balance sheet of c.£40Bn and a Tier 1 Capital Ratio of 20%.
To facilitate future succession, the board are seeking to appoint an independent Non-executive Director to join the Audit Committee. The appointed individual may also be asked to become a member of other board committees.
This is an opportunity to join the high calibre board of a significant UK challenger bank, with a new CEO and considerable ambition. There is an established customer focused culture in the business, a new sense of purpose and a tangible, pragmatic strategy to deliver value to customers.
- Attend, be fully prepared for and contribute to Board, Committees and other meetings and briefings as required.
- Challenge and support the Executive Team and Board constructively and openly. Generate valuable ideas and give wise counsel that will shape the bank's growth and success.
- Supporting the business strategy; ensuring appropriate risk appetite, financial controls, use of resources and monitoring performance.
- Role model values, encourage risk awareness and uphold the highest standards of conduct and integrity.
- Highly credible, with a successful commercial track record and experience of operating at board level in retail or commercial banks or insurance.
- Knowledge of and experience in UK corporate governance and financial regulation; able to interpret guidance.
- Commercially astute, analytical and insightful.
- Either a former Audit Partner of a major accounting firm, or a finance professional with experience in UK financial services.
To apply, please click here.
Contact Name: Odgers Berndtson
Contact Email: [email protected]