Independent Chair (Office Holder) - Worcestershire County Council
Recruiter: Worcestershire County Council
Salary: £550 per day
Posted: 12 Jan 2021
Closes: 12 Feb 2021
Job Function: Chair
Independent Chair (Office Holder) - Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB)
Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB) brings together key organisations and partners from across Worcestershire to safeguard and promote the well-being and independence of adults with Care and Support needs living in the County. The WSAB is seeking to recruit an Independent Chair to provide leadership and strategic vision, and to build on and enhance the current strong partnership arrangements, who will ensure that the WSAB operates effectively to deliver its key objectives and functions as set out in the Care Act (2014).
The role of Independent Chair is a statutory office holder post and requires an outstanding individual with enthusiasm, commitment and the determination to drive forward the adult safeguarding agenda.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of leading and managing in a large public, independent or voluntary sector organisation at a senior level;
- proven experience of chairing complex partnership meetings;
- extensive knowledge and experience of applying the legislation and guidance in relation to safeguarding adults.
- confidence to provide independent, constructive challenge to WSAB partners and organisations in order to bring about improved outcomes for adults at risk of abuse or neglect;
- commitment towards listening to and engaging adults with care and support needs and their carers in developing the work of the board;
- the experience of developing and maintaining strong strategic and business relationships to ensure effective governance of and between partnerships;
- an understanding and ability to consider issues of inequality and the impact on individuals and the safeguarding process.
- an ability to ensure the views of adults and carers are incorporated in the Board's activities;
- local contextual awareness of adult safeguarding issues and services across Worcestershire and its boarders.
The role is required for approximately 2 days per month at £550 per day, to meet the Board’s requirements. However, there would need to be a degree of flexibility. This is a two-year tenure, with the option to renew for up to a further 2 years subject to review.
Please note that the Independent Chair will perform Office Holder duties and IR35 rules apply to this appointment. Payments will be made through payroll and tax and NI deductions will be made at source via PAYE in line with current HMRC guidelines
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]